Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs): Activating High Leverage Prevention Opportunities Workshop
This workshop is focused on how intentional application of the science of human adaptation through experience can enhance our practice and help us to build flourishing communities. Presentation of neurodevelopment and epigenetic influences on development – including development of substance dependence and mental health challenges – will create a platform for exploring the ways that people with a history of adversity and trauma can become leaders of community change. Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) are a driver of many different kinds of health, social and productivity problems; and that is what makes ACEs such a powerful prevention opportunity. Presentations will bring together ancient wisdom with new scientific theories of complexity, quantum theory, and community psychology. Participants will learn how to notice and activate high-leverage trauma-informed prevention opportunities.
Presented By: Laura Porter, Co-Founder of ACE Interface, LLC.
Continuing Education Hours: 6 CEHs
Workshops are approved by the following professional associations for continuing education hours:
- International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC)
- National Association of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- Nevada Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug, & Gambling Counselors
- Nevada State Board of Nursing
- NV Board of Examiners for Marriage and Family Therapists and Clinical Professional Counselors
- State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers
Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 9:00am to 4:30pm
UNR Redfield Campus, Room 227 8600 Wedge Parkway, Reno, NV 89511