Cattlemen's Update Conference
Each year the University organizes an annual conference to address ranchers on important updates in the college as it relates to their profession. Both research and Extension faculty attend, along with an outside topical expert and representatives from the private sector, e.g. pharmaceuticals.
Session 1. Animal Health (Tuesday morning, 1/12/2021)
- Nevada State Veterinarian Update
- Local Nevada Veterinarians Update
- Feed trials research
- Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) - certification is being accepted by many livestock shows and fairs
Session 2. Livestock processing and slaughter (Tuesday afternoon, 1/12/2021)
- Cattle Price Dynamics: Markets, Feedlots and Packers
- Nevada Beef Checkoff Activities
- University of Nevada’s Mobile Slaughter Project
- Wet vs Dry Aging Your Meat
Session 3. Economic Overview of Agriculture in Nevada (Wednesday morning, 1/13/2021)
- National Market Update for Nevada Ag Products
- Western States Cattle, Hay and Dairy Economic Outlook
- Cattle Buyer Panel: What you should know?
- Nevada Weather Update: Drought
Session 4. Rangelands and Rangeland Management (Wednesday afternoon, 1/13/2021)
- Assessing the conditions of riparians and how they relate to Rangeland Health Standards for Nevada
- Wild horse and burro update
- Virtual fencing project update
This is a Zoom Webniar conference. FYI: Webinars are designed so that the host and any designated panelists can share their video, audio and screen. Webinars allow view-only attendees. They have the ability to interact via Q&A and answering polling questions.
Wednesday, January 13 at 10:00 am to 3:00 pmVirtual Event