Green Industry Training
2019 Green Industry Training
Tuesdays and Thursdays
January 29 – February 26, 9 a.m. – 12 noon
Live in Reno and videoconferenced to Carson City. Carson City participants, please contact the Carson/Storey County Cooperative Extension office at 775-887-2252 or in person at 2621 Northgate Lane, Suite 15 in Carson City to register.
Cost- and Time-Efficient Education
Green Industry Training is a series of entry-level classes in topics important to the green industry. Participants can enroll in individual classes at a cost of $15 per class, or they can enroll in the entire course for a discounted cost of $80.
Companies enrolling 2-5 employees for the full course receive $10 off per student. The discount increases to $15 off per student when 6+ employees from the company are registered.
Fees include course materials, certificates of attendance, refreshments and International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) and Pesticide Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Course fees also support Green Industry Continuing Education Series classes, which are held year-round as needed.
Classes are taught by Cooperative Extension, Nevada Department of Agriculture staff and local industry professionals, and are held at the Washoe County Cooperative Extension office in Reno, 4955 Energy Way, just off Rock Boulevard and are videoconferenced to the Carson/Storey County Cooperative Extension office in Carson City, 2621 Northgate Lane, Suite 15.
To see who certified in previous years, visit the archives.
2019 Class Schedule
- Jan. 29: Plant Disease Basics*^ Shouhua Wang, Nevada Department of Agriculture
- Jan. 31: Noxious Weeds & Weed Law^ with Andrea Moe, Nevada Department of Agriculture
- Feb. 5: Soils, Potting Mixes & Fertilizers* Heidi Kratsch, Cooperative Extension
- Feb. 7: Pruning Landscape Plants* Leslie Lyles, Stewardship Horticultural
- Feb. 12: Insect Identification*^ Jeff Knight, Nevada Department of Agriculture
- Feb. 14: Sustainable Turfgrass Management*^ Wendy Hanson Mazet, Cooperative Extension
- Feb. 19: IPM Basics & Pesticide Safety*^ Melody Hefner, Cooperative Extension
- Feb. 21: Applying IPM Principles*^ Melody Hefner, Cooperative Extension
- Feb. 26: Green Industry Training Exam (optional)
* ISA CEUs have been requested for this class.
^ Pesticide Applicator CEUs have been requested for this class.
Persons in need of special accommodations or assistance at the Reno site must call or notify Jenn Fisher at 775-336-0249 or email@example.com at least three days prior to the scheduled class.
Tuesday, February 26 at 9:00am to 12:00pm
University of Nevada Cooperative Extension 4955 Energy Way