Green Industry Training
2020 Class Topics
- Jan. 28: Plant Disease Basics*^ Shouhua Wang, Nevada Department of Agriculture
- Jan. 30: Insect Identification*^ Jeff Knight, Nevada Department of Agriculture
- Feb. 4: Pruning Landscape Plants* Leslie Lyles, Stewardship Horticultural
- Feb. 6: Understanding Soils and Fertilizers* Heidi Kratsch, Extension
- Feb. 11: Water Management* Heidi Kratsch, Extension
- Feb. 13: Garden Center Basics^ Jenn Fisher, Extension
- Feb. 18: Noxious Weeds & Weed Law^ with Nevada Department of Agriculture
- Feb. 20: Sustainable Turfgrass Management*^ Wendy Hanson Mazet, Extension
- Feb. 25: IPM Basics & Pesticide Safety*^ Melody Hefner, Extension
- Mar. 3: Applying IPM Principles*^ Melody Hefner, Extension
- Mar. 5: Green Industry Training Exam (optional)
* ISA CEUs have been requested for this class.
^ Pesticide Applicator CEUs have been requested for this class.
Reno single participants:
- Enroll in individual classes: $15 per class
- Enroll in full course (including optional exam): $95
Companies: Receive a discount for registering more than one employee!
- Enroll 2-5 employees: $85 for full course fee per student.
- Enroll 6+ employees: $80 for full course fee per student.
Full course fees include course materials (two books, class PowerPoint presentations on a flash drive), certificates of attendance, a mailed certification packet with Nursery Worker pin, laminated business card and certificate of completion, refreshments, other swag items and International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Course fees also support Green Industry Continuing Education Series classes, which are held year-round as needed.
Full course participants get these books as additional resources:
- Water Efficient Landscaping in the Intermountain West, Heidi A. Kratsch
- Retail Garden Center Manual, Dennis R. Pittenger
Persons in need of special accommodations or assistance at the Reno site must call or notify Jenn Fisher at 775-336-0249 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least three days prior to the scheduled class
Thursday, March 5 at 8:30 am to 11:00 am
University of Nevada, Reno Extension 4955 Energy Way in Reno