Grow Your Own, Nevada!
Learn the secrets of high desert gardening
Sept. 10 – Oct. 1, Tuesdays from 6-8 p.m.
University of Nevada Cooperative Extension is offering eight “Grow Your Own, Nevada!” classes in spring and four classes in fall statewide to help Nevadans who want to get on a path to more sustainable, local, healthy living by growing and preserving more of their own food.
- Sept. 10: Growing Garlic, Earstin Whitten, Master Gardener volunteer and creator of the non-profit, Soulful Seeds
- Sept. 17: Fruit Tree Selection, Michael Janik, Master Gardener volunteer and Michael’s Apples owner
- Sept. 24: Growing in Greenhouses, Heidi Kratsch, Northern Nevada Horticulture Specialist
- Oct. 1: Garden Cleanup and Pest Prevention, Melody Hefner, Urban IPM and Pesticide Safety Education Coordinator
Classes are held live in Reno and via interactive video to Cooperative Extension offices statewide.
- *Battle Mountain: 815 N. 2nd St., 775-635-5565
- *Carson: 2621 Northgate Ln # 12, 775-887-2252
- *Elko: 701 Walnut St., 775-738-7291
- *Fallon (only Sept. 17, 24 & Oct. 1): 111 Sheckler Rd., 775-423-5121
- *Gardnerville: 1325 Waterloo Ln., 775-782-9960
- *Reno: 4955 Energy Way, 775-784-4848
- *Winnemucca: 1085 Fairgrounds Rd., 775-623-6304
- *Yerington: 504 S. Main Street, 775-463-6541
* Sites confirmed
For Reno participants, individual classes are $15.00 each or $30.00 to take all 4 classes. When you register to take them all, you also get a flash drive with additional information. For all other sites, please contact the office for registration details.
Persons in need of special accommodations or assistance must call or notify Jenn Fisher at 775-336-0249 or email@example.com at least three days prior to the scheduled class.
Tuesday, October 1, 2019 at 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
University of Nevada Cooperative Extension 4955 Energy Way