LGBTQ+ Etiquette and Common Bloopers: What You Need to Know to Be an Ally- Nevada Alumni Learning Community webinar
LGBTQ+ language and culture are constantly changing. It’s difficult to keep up. Many people feel intimidated by all the changes and are silenced by the fear that they will accidentally say something that will offend someone.
In this encouraging and fun webinar, author and award-winning educational trainer Jeannie Gainsburg helps relieve this anxiety by offering easy, respectful language suggestions for allies. Participants will leave with the following:
- A list of the most common LGBTQ+ etiquette bloopers to avoid,
- Best-practice communication tips,
- Improved odds of referring to people using the correct pronoun,
- Tips for messing up properly, and
- Increased confidence in their ability to interact respectfully with and about LGBTQ+ people.
Allies can create safer spaces with their language choices; this webinar shows them how.
Register for this webinar and check out other online events here: https://alumlc.org/unr.
Wednesday, October 25 at 9:00 amVirtual Event