Master Food Preserver Online Course
The University of Nevada Reno Extension’s Home Food Preservation Program is now holding Master Food Preserver online courses! Registration required to attend.
This course is scheduled to run from April 6, 2021 through May 11, 2021. Participants will meet on the Zoom platform twice a week for six weeks from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm. Each lesson is live and three hours in duration. Upon registration on Eventbrite you will be emailed a packet of required documentation that must be completed before added to the Master Food Preserver online course. This course is intended for Nevada residents only. Class Zoom links will be sent out a day before each scheduled class. Please be sure to check your email / spam folder for the new class link. Classes start promptly at 9:00 am!
- 4/6/21 - L. 1 - Food Safety and Microorganisms
- 4/8/21 - L. 2 - Food Preserving Basics
- 4/13/21 - L. 3 - Jams, Jellies, and Spreads
- 4/15/21 - L. 4 - Canning Fruits and Fillings (High Acid Foods)
- 4/20/21- L. 5 - Pressure Canning Meats, Vegetables, and Soups (Low Acid Foods)
- 4/22/21 - L. 6 - Canning Tomatoes and Tomato Mixtures
- 4/27/21 - L. 7 - Pickles and Pickled Products
- 4/29/21 – L. 8 - Dehydrating
- 5/4/21 – L. 9 - Freezing
- 5/6/21 – Final Exam & Course Requirements Recap
- 5/11/21 – Presentations
Basic Canning Supplies List
- Water Bath Canner with Rack
- Jar lifter
- Headspace tool/ Bubble remover
- Canning jars, bands & lids
- USDA Complete Guide to Home Canning, 2015 revision - https://nchfp.uga.edu/publications/publications_usda.html
- 6th edition of So Easy to Preserve - https://setp.uga.edu/
- Ball® Blue Book® Guide to Preserving 37th-Edition
Classes start promptly at 9:00 am!
Follow the registration link to eventbrite.com and register, a confimation link will be sent to the email that was used for registration. After registering on eventbrite.com the instructor will send the Zoom link and materials to each lesson the day before the class is scheduled to take place. Check spam folders if link not found in inbox.
Thursday, April 15 at 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Tuesday, April 20 at 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Thursday, April 22 at 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Tuesday, April 27 at 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Thursday, April 29 at 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Tuesday, May 4 at 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Thursday, May 6 at 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Tuesday, May 11 at 9:00 am to 12:00 pm