The Paradox of Latinx Identity in the U.S.
Join a group of Latinx faculty and staff at the University in a conversation about the complexity of the Latinx experience. Learn how the consequence of Columbus’ arrival in Latin America created a convergence of diverse identities reflected in the Latinx communities in the United States.
- Claudia Cruz, Director, Internships and Experiential Learning, Reynolds School of Journalism
- Lydia DeFlorio, Associate Professor, Human Development and Family Studies
- Jovonnie Esquierdo-Leal, Program Development Specialist in the Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- Eloisa Gordon-Mora, University Diversity and Inclusion Officer
- Lydia Huerta Moreno, Assistant Professor, Gender, Race and Identity Department and Communication Studies Department
- Claudia Ortega-Lukas, Graphic Designer in the Office of Marketing and Communications
PLEASE: Register in advance for this meeting:https://unr.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMvc--tqjssG9bLi2e3feuraHra8Cq2rh-a
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Friday, October 16, 2020 at 11:00 am to 12:30 pmVirtual Event