Transforming Mental Health Stigma Into Mental Wellness Superpowers- Nevada Alumni Learning Community webinar
During the next year, one in five people will experience a mental health challenge, and 1.5 million people will attempt to die by suicide. The stigma surrounding mental health is an enormous barrier to people seeking treatment and getting the help they need. One of the most difficult obstacles in overcoming a mental health challenge is The Stigma Cycle.
The Stigma Cycle starts with shame; shame leads to silence; silence leads to sabotage, self-destructive behavior, social injustice, and suicide. It is a never-ending cycle experienced by people who struggle and people who love someone who struggles with mental health challenges. It is experienced by people living with depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder, schizophrenia, substance abuse, and many other disorders.
In this insightful webinar, Mike Veny, author and award-winning mental health speaker, will help you:
- Differentiate self-care from escape activities
- Identify strategies for practicing self-care to diminish feelings of shame related to mental health challenges
- Determine how to engage in helpful conversations on the subject of mental health
- Empower people who are struggling by cultivating a sense of community
Register for this webinar and check out other online events here: https://alumlc.org/unr.
Tuesday, May 16 at 9:00 amVirtual Event
- Event Type
Arts, Academic Lectures and Seminars, Training and Workshops, Community Outreach, Literature, Health, Safety, and Wellness, Career, Professional Development
Free and open to all alumni
- Nevada Alumni Association
- Google Calendar (opens in new window) iCal (opens in new window) Outlook (opens in new window)
No recent activity